Technical Support Manager
SpinMe is recruiting for an exciting role in their technical support team
SpinMe Ltd are a leading creator and supplier of photo studio and imaging software and hardware solutions. We have an exciting opportunity in our technical support team, Technical Support Manager.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of IT including computer hardware and software, will be enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and a passion for technology.
This is a great opportunity for personal development in many areas of IT as the SpinMe team exercise a wide range of technical and creative disciplines.
At SpinMe we are a friendly, focussed team and are truly passionate about our work.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor to the Technical Support team
- Delegate work appropriately
- Respond to incoming technical support requests from clients in a timely manner
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware faults as required ensuring that suitable technical information is captured
- Notify the Development team of software defects and liaise with clients regarding bug fixes and software updates
- Install hardware and software solutions at client sites and train users appropriately
- Assist the Development team with software testing
- Assist with the creation of software User Manuals and training guides
- Assist with maintenance and configuration of SpinMe’s internal IT systems including servers, email systems and applications
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills including prioritisation and delegation of work
- Working knowledge of computer networking infrastructure (e.g. Active Directory, Proxy servers, Firewalls and Networking Protocols)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop systems including installation and support
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and delegate work
- Previous experience in technical support, especially software focussed
- Knowledge of software testing techniques and practices
- Experience with Apple Mac OS
- Installing and configuring database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Basic knowledge of digital imaging / image formats
- Basic photography knowledge / interest
- Basic knowledge of html
- Basic knowledge of database systems (SQL)
- 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (flexibility can be discussed)
- Holidays: 25 per year plus bank holidays
Place of work
- Generally based at SpinMe’s head office in Cheltenham
- Opportunity for travel in the UK and abroad
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.